- feature: Knowledge Panel feature on Google Search product
- issue: not clear usage of words by "updates"
- recommendation: if the "updates" is referring to Google+ posts, how about
- (1) using "Google Plus post updates" instead of "updates" to send a clear message so that users can not just be assured by where (i.e. Google Now card) the updates will be displayed and what kind of information (i.e. Google+ posts) will be updated
- (2) removing the line under "Get updates about Kevin Kelly" and somehow put the get updates and "Recent posts" modules together so that information hierarchy is clear to understand
- (3) inserting a new line between "Recent posts" and Books module because they are two different entity
- lesson: in UI design, to avoid confusion sometimes it is important to specify what and where users get when they press a clickable link or button
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
[personal UX/UI review] information design for Google Knowledge Panel's "You will get updates on Google Now"
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Received below KitKat from a YouTube event and now I finally participated in the new Android's promotional campaign.
Issue: wrong URL, QR code not working, wrong location for both URL and QR code
Solution: use kitkat.co.kr instead; place URL and QR code below "STEP 2"
Issue: too much scroll to get to the bottom of the page
Issue: hard to find country section
Issue: color not too much recognizable
Issue: entry style looks dramatically different from others
Solution: make it look similar to others
[overall] Lesson: make it easy for customers to participate promotional campaigns
[overall] Evaluation: 2/10 (this promotion could have been easier to participate)